ADVENT - Celebrate the coming of the Messiah! This week’s focus is PEACE.
Links are posted on our website and Facebook page. Watch any time with those in your household. Church Online Meet with your watch party or friends after via phone/video call to care and pray for each other.
OUR CHRISTMAS SERVICE will be available online on December 24th. Use the link above or go to our website.
JOURNEY WALL - We value your feedback. Please respond through your Prayer Triad or individually by emailing Reg before December 20th. Read the synopisis of our meeting Journey Wall Digest
PREPARE YOUR HEART FOR CHRISTMAS
- Christmas Hampers - We are excited to deliver 18 (and counting) hampers to families in need tomorrow. Thank you to all who gave generously to bless and encourage people. In addition to the food items, your generosity allowed us to include a $25 gift card to Save On Foods in each hamper. We are also including a pamphlet sharing the love of God for them.
- Share - As we prepare our hearts for Christmas, have you considered sharing your life with your neighbours? Think of something that you can do for your neighbours - give a Christmas card, share some baking, write a note of encouragement, give a small gift. Giving takes our eyes off of our situation and helps us to see God at work through us in practical ways.
- Salvation Army Kettle Campaign - Nov. 15-Dec 24 (excluding Sundays). They are excited to begin the task of scheduling volunteers to "stand the kettles" in an effort to help our community in these exceptionally challenging times. ID Badges are required Kettle Campaign
- First Quarter Report for Sep-Nov 2020. A more detailed email was sent out this week.
42,799.74 - total revenue
52,887.14 - total expense
-10,087.40 -net loss
We approved a budget of $251,128.68 at our AGM. For us to meet this goal, we need $20,927.39 a month. Thank you to all who faithfully and generously give to the ministry of CFBC.
- Sanctuary Renovation - looks great! Thank you for those who generously volunteered and kept our costs down. We had budgeted $35,000 from our building fund. The amount used was $22,874.98. Praise God for this blessing.
FELLOWSHIP PACIFIC - see our denomination’s RESPONSE to COVID-19 restrictions.
RENTAL WANTED for a family of 3 for Jan 1st. Contact the church office for more information.
PRAYER REQUESTS - We care for each other and value praying for each other. Call or email the office. For urgent prayer needs, text 604-819-2698.
YOUR GIFTS – God is at work in our church and community. Thank you for partnering with the ministries of Central Fellowship both locally and globally through your financial gifts. Let’s respond to the generosity of the gospel by giving extravagantly to the progress of the gospel in our community and world. Give. Call the church for other ways to give.
CHURCH OFFICE HOURS:
Dec 24 8 am to noon
Dec 25 - 28 closed
Dec 29 - 31 8 am - 1 pm
Jan 1 - 4 closed
Janice McDonald, Leadership Team Chair
Reg Toews, Transitional Pastor | cell (604) 819-2698 | [email protected]